The natural alarm clock could not be turned off. Birds screaming from every direction, and rain that wasn't wet or cold woke me up. Yeah, they were seeds, and I had slept outside, but it was still really warm and picaresque . I do believe it was the most beautiful place I have ever been to.
The last day was probably the hardest to capture with a camera , and I don't think I succeeded in doing so. The majestic mountains and pillars on our hike were so rich in color and shape, I wanted to climb in each and every cave. We talked about the Carob tree and the equal weight of every seed, leading to the Karate we use in gold measurement. We hiked for a few hours on the same Amud River, in some particularly high and poisonous brush, and finished off at the Kinneret, in the same place where I finished in 11th grade. So how was it different this time? First, we waited for and met three guys from the program who did the real Yam el Yam, the tents and everything that comes with it, and there was a BBQ! On the way back, we passed a site where Israel's National Water Carrier Sapir Site pumps the Kineret water up to sea level (200 meters) for the rest of the country. It's so strategically built that it could survive a nuclear explosion.
All in all, this trip I took more than 643 pictures, and again, I remind you, they look dull compared to the real thing. I also remind you that I wrote the posts for this entire trip a day after the fact, and after a day where I turned my entire life around. I changed my plane ticket from Greece to Italy, and I changed my site for the Passover Seder from the German Colony in Jerusalem to Kidumim, a Jewish Settlement in the very heart of the West Bank, around 10 miles from Nablus! I therefore invite you to read all the posts from Yam el Yam.
No comments:
Post a Comment