Today was a light day of traveling. My Israeli Settlements class bussed to the southern edge of Jerusalem to learn about a kibbutz called Ramat Rachel (Rachel's Heights, since the matriarch's tomb isn't far from there). We talked about the Kibbutz during Israel's wars, since it was destroyed many times.
Later that day, I went for a return check up with my eye doctor on my terrible allergies which find me crying every morning uncontrollably. The doc said my eyes had improved, but he dilated my pupils to make sure there was nothing else wrong. Long story short, I was half blind in a very sunny Jerusalem afternoon, and I had to find my way back to the main street for a bus. However, since I was going to be missing class that night cuz I couldn't read anything at the moment, I thought I'd explore the area where the doctor's practice was. Rehavia is a neighborhood right in the middle of town, and I had hear about a 2nd Temple tomb nearby, called Jason's Tomb. Using my squinting skills, I found it on my atlas and took a nice stroll around the residential streets. It was pleasant, even if I could barely see what I was doing...
No comments:
Post a Comment