Mediterranean Homesick Blues: Joe Wondering Jew and the Magic Latch

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Joe Wondering Jew and the Magic Latch

I'm writing the following while I convulse between turbulent bouts on my flight across the Atlantic. It's 12:20, or 5:20am in the UK, where I hope to end up my with dinner still inside of me (Koshair Cuisine, Chicken Rustica, umm yuck). This second of three adventures en route to abroad didn't leave the ground for an extra hour. Why? Because of a latch! Ever see Garden State? There's a chance my life will be changed forever all because of a stupid latch that malfunctioned on the aircraft, leaving a 3' x 3' hole in the floor that needed repair. I may yet get stranded at Heathrow. Fortunately, the pilot's a believer in the might of the atmosphere, and he says the tail winds will get us there on time, cutting an hour off the airtime. Watch out MJ, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Appearances