Not just like Coldplay, 'cause they're from here, but actually stranded, and it's fantastic! The scenario: Deep fog surrounds London Town. I'm flying from Dulles and circling the airport for half an hour, picking my finger nails with tenseness. I asked a flight attendant (who earlier in the evening had responded with "smashing" when receiving payment for a drink from a customer) to get a seat closer to the exit, so I could blast off the aircraft if it ever taxied. She said yes, so I went for the lot- First Class. Of course that didn't last long, and I was sent back soon after, but man those seats are huge! When the plane finally touched base, I flew through the terminal, with my arms wailing and my asthma acting up to inform the empty hallways that I meant business. I had 15 minutes to get from one flight to another before it departed, and I was sure it would be impossible to make the transfer. I got to security, which was miraculously empty, and thought I was gonna make it after all. I never expected to see this:
p.s. the Alaskan wasn't Jewish, but he was interesting.
"When the plane finally touched base, I flew through the terminal, with my arms wailing and my asthma acting up to inform the empty hallways that I meant business."
ReplyDeleteThis made me and Laura laugh very hard. Glad you're doing well. :) Tiff