Mediterranean Homesick Blues: Abba heads back...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Abba heads back...

Thursday, the last day of local familial residency for me for a while. I tried to pack in a busy day for Daddy-o. We started in the Old City. We were going to wait in line at the Western Wall for visiting hours on the Temple Mount, but we got a better idea on the way, right inside the Jaffa Gate: The Ramparts Walk . We walked most of the way around the Old City walls, enjoying new and exciting perspectives of the surrounding Mount of Olives, Mount Scopus, and the inner city. We walked from the Jaffa Gate to the Lion's Gate, where I had wanted to go for a while, and then found our way through the Muslim Quarter back to the Kotel. Plus is was hot hot hot, so I'm sure all those golden stones gave us quite the tan. Anyway, I tried to get us a Western Wall Tunnel Tour, but I had to got to class and learn about biblio-drama, so Dad went instead, and said he had a good time. We finished the day, for the second night in a row, at a waffle restaurant. This time, we went to Babette, the definition of a hole in the wall, where wonderfully crafted waffles are drizzled with anything and everything. I even got some hot pear apple cider.





Then we said our goodbyes, and the realization hit me that I had spent every waking free minute in the last two weeks with my parents. What was I going to do now?
Little did I know what was coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Appearances